It’s easier than ever to get everyone to eat their vegetables with Rainbow Veggie Flatbread Pizza! This family-friendly pizza recipe will be on your table in 20 minutes or less and can be customized with all your favorite veggies, plus a surprising, protein-packed sauce.
As a mom of four kids, I am always on the lookout for easy, delicious and nutritious recipes that my little ones will love. This rainbow pizza delivers on all of those fronts… and then some. It’s colorful, flavorful and a great way to sneak veggies onto their plates.
Bursting with vibrant colors and brimming with wholesome goodness, this creative twist on a comfort food favorite will wow your family.
Looking for more inspiration to get your kids excited about trying new foods? Don’t miss my guide on Creative Food Ideas for Kids.
Why You’ll Love Rainbow Pizza
- Quick and easy. With store-bought naan or flatbreads and pre-made hummus, it’s a simple and time-saving recipe perfect for hectic weeknights.
- Perfect for picky eaters. Your little ones won’t even realize they’re eating a rainbow of veggies.
- Family-friendly. Loved by both kids and adults alike.
- Customizable. One of the best things about this recipe is that you can customize the toppings with your kids’ favorite veggies.
- Leftovers for the win. Any leftover slices can be enjoyed the next day, making it a fantastic addition to your kids’ lunchbox. (Find more lunchbox inspiration with my school lunch guide.)
The beauty of this recipe lies in its versatility and the opportunity to make it uniquely your own!
- Naan or Flatbread: Naan is soft, leavened Indian bread, while flatbreads are thin and typically unleavened. Alternatively, you can use pre-made or homemade pizza dough (try my pizza dough without yeast!), or even homemade tortillas as a substitute.
- Hummus: Adds a delicious savory flavor to the pizza. I used my homemade roasted garlic hummus, but any flavor works so use your favorite. My Green Goddess Avocado Hummus would be delicious, too! If you don’t have hummus on hand, you can substitute it with pesto sauce, tomato sauce or even a light layer of olive oil mixed with minced garlic for added flavor.
- Veggies: The options are endless! Use your favorite seasonal veggies or whatever you have stashed in your fridge, pantry or freezer. Here are the veggies I used to achieve the perfect rainbow effect:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Orange bell pepper
- Corn: Fresh, frozen and thawed, or canned corn can all be used.
- Peas: You can use either fresh or frozen peas, but make sure to thaw frozen peas before using them.
- Purple cauliflower
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
How to Make Rainbow Veggie Pizza
Making these flatbread pizzas is straightforward and only requires a few simple steps:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flatbreads. Place the store-bought naan or flatbreads on the baking sheet.
- Spread the hummus. Divide the hummus among the two naan, spreading it into an even layer and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Add the vegetables. Arrange the veggies in rows atop the hummus.
- Bake and enjoy. Bake the naan until all of the vegetables are warmed through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven then slice and serve.
Kelly’s Recipe Tips
- Frozen Veggies Work Too: When using frozen veggies, thaw them completely and drain excess moisture. This helps to avoid a soggy crust.
- Chop Like a Pro: Slice the veggies thinly and uniformly to ensure even cooking and easy bites.
- Pre-cook Veggies with High Water Content: Pre-roast or sauté veggies with higher water content, like zucchini, mushrooms or eggplant, to avoid a soggy crust.
- Make It Your Own: Get creative with the veggies and experiment with different combinations to make each pizza unique.
- Let Kids Customize: Encourage your little ones to participate in the pizza-making process. Set up a toppings station and let them choose and arrange their favorite veggies to make their own personalized rainbow pizza.
- Experiment with Seasonings: For added flavor, sprinkle some dried herbs like oregano or basil on top before baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Veggie pizza can be a healthy choice, depending on the ingredients and preparation methods. This Rainbow Veggie Flatbread Pizza is generally a healthy meal option because it’s packed with an assortment of colorful veggies and loaded with protein. You can make it even more nutritious by using whole-grain flatbread.
A variety of veggies go well on a pizza, including cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, zucchini, eggplant and broccoli. Feel free to experiment with different combinations and ratios of veggies to create your perfect pizza!
More Kid-Friendly Recipes
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes, meal plans and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the naan on the baking sheet.
Divide the hummus among the two naan, spreading it into an even layer and leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
Arrange the veggies in rows atop the hummus. Bake the naan until all of the vegetables are warmed through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove the pizza from the oven then slice and serve.
- When using frozen veggies, thaw them completely and drain excess moisture. This helps to avoid a soggy crust.
Pre-roast or sauté veggies with higher water content, like zucchini, mushrooms or eggplant, to avoid a soggy crust.
Get creative with the veggies and experiment with different combinations to make each pizza unique.
For added flavor, sprinkle some dried herbs like oregano or basil on top before baking.
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Calories: 548kcal, Carbohydrates: 83g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 1102mg, Potassium: 584mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 1782IU, Vitamin C: 88mg, Calcium: 125mg, Iron: 3mg