Ready for a nostalgic treat? This luscious strawberry hemp milk has retro strawberry milk vibes but comes together in 3 minutes flat with no syrups, and no straining! It’s low in sugar, rich in omega 3 fatty acids and important minerals like iron and zinc.
As much as you all love my easy 3 minute hemp milk (it’s one of my top posts on Tiktok!) I think you are going to absolutely flip for this delicious strawberry hemp milk, because it’s bursting with real strawberry flavour and makes it SO easy to get more omega 3 fatty acids into your day.
As a dietitian, I’m always looking for easy, set-it-and-forget-it ways of getting more nutrition into my day and this strawberry hemp milk really delivers: each 1 cup serving contains 6.5 grams of plant-based protein and 2 milligrams of vegan iron from hemp hearts, plus plenty of vitamin C and tummy-friendly fibre from the strawberries!
Yep, this plant-based recipe is something almost anyone can enjoy, as it’s gluten free, allergen-friendly and even low FODMAP for all my IBS folks enjoying a low FODMAP diet right now.
As a kid, one of my favourite treats was stirring those strawberry or chocolate syrups into my milk after school so this strawberry hemp milk feels really nostalgic for me and yes, your kids will actually love it!
Anyone who has been hanging out here long enough knows that my youngest always gives me the “is this healthy?” side eye when I ask her to try a new creation but she absolutely gulped this one up! Yes, she likes it a bit sweeter – I love that you get to control the sweetness yourself – and it works well with fresh or frozen strawberries so you can enjoy this yummy treat all year long!
I love a glass of this luscious vegan strawberry milk on its own, but it also makes a delicious base for smoothies, overnight oats or chia puddings. I love finding new ways to enjoying hemp milk…this recipe was inspired by blackberry vanilla hemp milk I created for Good For Your Gut!
Grab your ingredients to make this easy vegan strawberry milk
Make it easy, and make it DELICIOUS: this creamy, flavourful strawberry hemp milk is made with just 4 ingredients!!
- Strawberries: ripe seasonal berries taste incredible in this recipe but you can absolutely use frozen strawberries! Just be sure to thaw them first and maybe add a bit of extra maple syrup.
- Hemp hearts: hulled hemp seeds, or hemp hearts, make such a delicious and nutrient dense vegan milk, packed with minerals like iron, magnesium and zinc plus omega 3 fatty acids.
- Maple syrup: I love maple syrup as it adds something extra to the flavour but you could absolutely substitute cane sugar or your favourite sweetener here.
- Vanilla: vanilla makes everything taste a bit more like dessert…so don’t skip it! I also like a tiny pinch of salt here for extra flavour.
FAQ: are strawberries low FODMAP?
As a gut health dietitian, I always hold my breath when new FODMAP updates come out! Strawberries used to be an ‘eat freely’ food, but new data from MONASH university has found that strawberries do have some FODMAP.
So now the low FODMAP serving of strawberries is 5 medium berries, or 65g. Remember, if you’re currently following a low FODMAP diet, I highly recommend you grab the low FODMAP app so you can stay up to date with changes!
How to make strawberry hemp milk, in just 3 minutes flat!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this delicious strawberry hemp milk! No cooking, no syrups and no straining…just blend it up in your Vitamix and enjoy in 3 minutes flat!
Step One: wash your fresh berries or thaw your frozen berries and pop them into the blender with water, hemp hearts, maple syrup, vanilla and salt
Step Two: Blend on high for 45 seconds, taste, adjust sweetness as desired and enjoy!
Yep, it’s that easy…which is good, because you’ll want to make this yummy vegan strawberry milk ALL THE TIME.
If you want to thaw frozen strawberries faster, just pop them in a colander and run them under hot water! So easy.
Tips, Tricks and Substitutions
- This strawberry hemp milk stores well in the fridge in a sealed jar for up to 3-4 days. Just shake and enjoy! Or, freeze leftover hemp milk in ice cube trays and use in smoothies.
- I love this strawberry hemp milk straight up, but you could absolutely use it to make an iced latte, or as a base for smoothies, overnight oats or chia puddings.
More yummy ways to use up a bag of hemp hearts
Nourishing 3 Minute Strawberry Hemp Milk
Ready for a nostalgic treat? This luscious omega 3-rich strawberry hemp milk comes together in 3 minutes with no syrups!
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups ripe strawberries, or thawed frozen strawberries
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- tiny pinch salt
Place water, strawberries, hemp, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a high speed blender and blend on high for 45 seconds!
Pour into mason jars and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just shake and enjoy!
You can also freeze leftovers in ice cube trays for use in smoothies.