Making fish tacos is simple, but what are you supposed to top them with? Try our easy homemade Fish Taco Slaw that’s bright, citrusy, and delicious! We take all the flavors you love with your fish tacos and mix them into a fresh, crunchy slaw. Make it a couple of hours before you want to eat for the best results, and make extras for tomorrow because you’re going to want them.
Fish Taco Slaw Recipe
Looking for a quick, delicious, and family-friendly side dish? Look no further than our Fish Taco Slaw recipe. As a busy parent, I understand the importance of easy yet satisfying meals, and this recipe hits the spot on all counts. With just a few simple ingredients you can create a flavorful dish that your whole family will love.
The tangy lime and creamy mayo and sour cream combo create a delicious dressing that coats the crisp coleslaw mix, while the cilantro adds the perfect touch to this slaw. If you’re in search of a no-fuss, family-friendly meal that’s both delicious and straightforward to make, give our Fish Tacos with Fish Taco Slaw a try.
Get all of my Traeger Recipes here!
Fish Taco Slaw shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Sour cream
- Coleslaw mix
Get 75+ of my favorite Traeger Recipes here!
How to make Fish Taco Slaw
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Mix together all the sauce ingredients together and stir until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
Toss the sauce with the coleslaw mix and chill, covered, in the fridge for a few hours before serving for best results.
Load this slaw up on top of your next batch of fried fish tacos or blackened fish tacos.
Try our Traeger Blackened Fish Tacos!
Fish Taco Slaw FAQ
What’s the way to store this fish slaw?
Store any leftover fish slaw in the fridge for 2-3 days, max. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Are there any recommended substitutions or additions?
You can sub out some or all of the sour cream or mayo with more of the same. You can add in diced jalapenos for a kick. You can add more lime if you like extra zing, or more or less cilantro according to your tastes. Make it your own and experiment!
Try on our Blackstone Fish Tacos with Peach Salsa!
More great side dish recipes to love!
- Our easy Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad is full of all the good stuff plus enough salami that you could easily make this a meal and not feel guilty about it.
- Make these Smoked Pickled Jalapeños for a fun topping for your next taco, burger, or just eat them right out of the jar. You decide. Great twist on a classic recipe!
- Traeger Colcannon is our pellet grill twist on this traditional Irish dish. We LOVED it, and I think your family will too!
- Not in the mood for Colcannon? Try our Traeger Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes! Works great next to steak, pork chops, or whatever else you can think up.
- We serve Smoked Hashbrown Casserole with almost every Double-Smoked Ham we make, also next to quiche and on any breakfast or brunch table.
- If you love BLTs, our BLT Pasta Salad is going to be your new favorite thing. This has all of those flavors you know and love plus pasta to boot.
- A versatile side dish, to say the very least, our Wild Rice Pilaf is homemade, delicious, and perfect next to any main course. One of my favorite side dish recipes on the whole site!
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- Mix together the cilantro, sour cream, mayo, lime juice, sugar, and salt until fully combined.
- Toss with the coleslaw mix and chill for at least an hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 194Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.