McDonald’s McDouble is one of the best McDonald’s burgers to buy as it is the cheapest burger compared to the Big Mac. It is often called ‘lifehack’ as its size is half of the Big Mac. It costs closer to two bucks. But if you want the best price and taste, consider making your own McDouble at home.
You will need no fancy ingredients. Just a hamburger bun, two beef patties, a pinch of seasoning, crispy onion, tangy pickles, and a cheese slice. Trust us; it is a classic take on a beloved burger. When our chef presented this burger, we were skeptical at first. But when we tasted it, it burst with flavors and tasted like the original.
The grilled beef patties add a slightly smoky taste, while the cheese has added a mild and creamy taste. The magical taste blew us away. This happens as in the last 15 seconds, the assembled burger was put in the microwave, so take advantage of this part!
You can make it a whole meal with our McDonald’s recipe, like French fries or chicken nuggets. Or you can take a sweet sip of the McDonald’s iced coffee. So what are you waiting for? Try this copycat recipe for your next lunch and share it with your friends and family. All you have to do is follow this guide promptly for the exact flavors and enjoy.
Is This The Exact McDonald’s McDouble Recipe?
Yes, this is the exact recipe of the original McDonald’s McDouble. The ingredients used in this recipe are very similar to the original recipe. The only difference is that we haven’t used additives, preservatives, or food coloring agents.
Besides this, this homemade recipe is straightforward and flavorful. Each bite will render you a crunch of onion, cheesy, and deliciousness. Try this recipe at home and enjoy a taste of the healthy double cheeseburger.
Was The McDouble Ever Discontinued?
McDouble has always been active since its introduction. You can find McDouble at almost every outlet. But for the safer side, checking the outlet for its availability or the website for updated information is advised.
The McDouble is a cheese hamburger from the fast-food restaurant chain McDonald’s. It was introduced in 1997 to customers. It is one of the cheapest products sold by the company. It is one of the famous variations on the double cheeseburger, with only one slice of cheese placed between the two beef patties.
It has remained a popular menu item since then, although some price changes and minor recipe modifications have occurred. Due to its recipe modification, fans are looking for its recipes to enjoy McDouble at home. Remembering this concern, we’ll learn how to make it at home. Besides McDouble, various McDonald’s items have been discontinued from selective outlets. It is better to check its availability before ordering.
Is McDonald’s McDouble Gluten-Free?
McDonald’s McDouble is not gluten-free as their buns contain wheat gluten. But if you consume this cheeseburger without a bun, then you can enjoy this burger even if you are gluten intolerant.
While making at home, you can use gluten-free ingredients like gluten-free buns. Still, you are lucky if there is anything from McDonald’s gluten-free. There are various gluten-free options available with McDonald’s that you can check out.
What Kind Of Meat Does McDonald’s Use In McDouble?
Curious about what’s in McDouble? McDonald’s McDouble is made from 100% pure beef seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. Else, no filters, additives, or preservatives are added to patties. These patties are then flash-frozen. It is necessary to seal in fresh flavors.
Many wonder where McDonald’s gets their meat from. They have proved themselves many times that their ingredients are natural. Talking of the beef used to make patties for McDouble, they are sourced from sourced suppliers.
The food chain then performs inspections before the beef arrives at its plants and undertakes several separate quality checks on every batch. These are then grilled to perfection, without adding fats or oils, on a double-sided hotplate at a specified temperature to ensure safety while guaranteeing juicy, tasty patties.
Equipment Required For McDonald’s McDouble
- BBQ Grill – Grill the seasoned beef in a BBQ grill until golden brown and crispy.
- Mixing Bowls – Prepare the sauce for serving in the mixing bowls.
- Knife – Chop the onion into slices and slice the beef with a knife for the recipe.
- Chopping Board – Slice the beef and slice the onion on a chopping board for fine cutting.
- Slotted Spoon – Flip the beef patties while grilling with a slotted spoon.
- Paper Towel – Remove excess oil from the grilled beef with a paper towel.
- Plate – Transfer grilled beef patties to a container containing a paper towel.
What Are The Ingredients In McDonald’s McDouble?
- Beef Patty – You will need two beef patties for the recipe.
- Hamburger Bun – Use hamburger buns as they are far more filling than slices of bread and tend to make sandwiches more appealing.
- Cheese Slice – A total of one cheese slice is required to add cheesy content to your McDouble.
- Ketchup – Spread tomato ketchup on the buns to add sweetness and enrich the cheeseburger.
- Pickle Slices – Add a layer of pickle slices to add the rich umami flavor to beef patties, and also adds a satisfying crunch.
- White Onion – A few pieces of finely chopped onion are required to add slight sweetness and crunch to the burger.
- Mustard – Adding a teaspoon of mustard will help give this burger a kick of spice.
- Salt – Season the patty with salt for flavor explosion.
McDonald’s McDouble Ingredients Substitutions
McDouble is an ultimate burger at McDonald’s made with quite simple ingredients, which you can find easily. Still, if you are unable to find any specific ingredient, try these substitutions. Here potential options won’t disappoint you:
- Beef Patty – Our chef has used patty made from sirloin meat for the beefy flavor. However, if you can’t find this meat, go for brisket, grass-fed, wagyu, or short rib.
- Bun – We have used hamburger buns to prepare this burger. If you can’t find these buns at stores near you, opt for a whole wheat bun, a brioche bun, or a gluten-free bun.
- Pickle Slices – We have added dill pickles relish to this burger. However, pickled jalapeños, banana peppers, or sliced cucumbers will also work well.
- Onions – This hamburger is way more different than the regular ones. It is made with dehydrated onions. But, if you want, you can use fresh onions. However, it won’t render you the same flavor.
- Cheese – We’ve used a slice of American cheese in this burger. You can increase the number if you want, or can use any type of cheese for the best flavors. Besides this, if you’re lactose intolerant, substitute this cheese with plant-based cheese alternatives.
McDonald’s McDouble Preparation And Cooking Time
McDonald’s McDouble Recipe Steps
1. Prep The Ingredients
The first step is to get prepared all the ingredients. Start by finely chopping the onion.
Now, heat the BBQ grill and place the bun halves on it. Once they are toasted and have a golden-colored char, remove them from the grill and keep them aside.
2. Cook The Burger Patty
Then, begin with cooking the burger patty. Salt one side of the patty and place it on the hot grill. Place the salted side down and sprinkle some salt on the other side.
Cook each side for three to four minutes on medium heat. Once the burger is cooked correctly, place a slice of American cheese and remove the patty from the flame.
3. Assemble The Burger
Once the burger patty is grilled and the buns are toasted, assemble the burger. Add one beef patty and top it with a slice of American cheese.
Then, place another beef patty and spread ketchup, layer sliced onions, and dill pickles on the top patty. Place the top bun on the burger and close it. Enjoy your homemade McDouble!
Tips To Make McDonald’s McDouble Better
McDonald’s McDouble is perfect on its own. Still, if you’re looking to enhance the flavor, here are some tips you can consider:
- Add Fresh Toppings – Add fresh toppings like lettuce, tomato slices, or red onion to provide crunch, freshness, and additional flavors to the burger.
- Extra Condiments – To enjoy your burger with an additional flavor profile, spread mayonnaise or unique sauces.
- Cheese Upgrade – This McDouble has an American cheese slice. If you’re a cheese lover, you can choose other cheese options like cheddar, Swiss, or pepper jack. All these options will elevate the taste and add more depth to the burger.
- Bacon Addition – Besides beef patties, you can add crispy bacon to your McDouble for an indulgent flavor. The smoky and savory bacon flavor pairs well with the beef patty and other toppings.
- Grilled Onions – We have used dehydrated onions in this recipe. You can go for grilled onions, too, for a sweeter and milder flavor that will complement the burger nicely.
- Toasted Bun – For added crispiness, toast your burger buns for your McDouble.
Can You Air-Fry Your Beef Patties?
Yes, you can air-fry your beef patties for McDonald’s quarter pounder. Air-frying is popular because it uses less oil, making it a healthier option. All you have to do is to place the prepared patties in an air-fryer basket and cook them until crispy and golden brown.
How Will This McDonald’s McDouble Look And Taste Like?
McDonald’s McDouble is undoubtedly incredible. Recreating this cheeseburger is challenging as the food chain has prepared it in its way. When our chef played this recipe, it turned out perfect. Way better than the original one.
This homemade version of McDonald’s McDouble is made with two beef patties sandwiched between a bun. It has a slice of melty cheese placed on top of one of the patties. When we taste it, it has a savory flavor.
The bun is soft and slightly sweet, while the cheese has added a mild and creamy element to the burger. The combination of different flavor profiles has rendered a satisfying experience for us.
Is McDonald’s McDouble Healthy?
McDouble is a healthier alternative as compared to a double cheeseburger. It’s all because of a slice of cheese. Its calories come from protein as it has more beef content in its patty than any other double cheeseburger. But the question arises here: Why is McDonald’s Food Bad for Your Body? If to need assistance with the nutritional value, take a look at the table below:
Undeniably, McDonald’s McDouble is hard to resist. The ingredients involved in this burger are full of carbs and fat. However, it is essential to check the nutritional menu of any item before ordering it.
How To Properly Store McDouble Sandwich And Beef Patty?
It is best to consume McDouble fresh. But, if you have prepared McDonald’s McDouble and don’t want to consume it immediately, store them properly. But how? Below are some guidelines:
- Let the beef patty cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer the cooled patty to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate it for one to two days.
- If you want to freeze the cooked patty, wrap it properly with aluminum foil.
- Place them in a freezer bag and store them for three months.
- To freeze uncooked beef patties, layer them on a baking sheet and freeze them overnight. Once they are frozen, wrap the patty and store it in the freezer for up to three to four months.
Note – You can only store patties. Other ingredients will get spoiled if stored, so just don’t do that.
Ways To Reheat McDonald’s McDouble?
Consuming the double cheeseburger the same day they are prepared for the fresh flavors is best. Still, it can be tricky to reheat the McDonald’s McDouble. The goal should be to reheat it while maintaining its taste and texture as much as possible. Here are a few methods you can try:
- Remove condiments such as pickles to prevent them from becoming soggy.
- Wrap the McDouble in a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Microwave on medium power for short intervals (15-20 seconds) until it’s warm but not overheated.
- Reassemble the burger, including the condiments you set aside.
Oven Or Toaster Oven:
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to around 350°F (175°C).
- Remove the condiments and set them aside.
- Wrap the burger in aluminum foil or place it on a baking sheet.
- Reheat the McDouble for about 5 to 7 minutes until it’s warmed.
- Once done, re-add the condiments and enjoy.
Skillet Or Pan:
- Remove the toppings and set them aside.
- Preheat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Reheat the McDouble for a few minutes on each side until it’s warm.
- Place the burger back together with the condiments.
What To Serve With This McDonald’s McDouble?
McDouble is a healthier choice for those who need something filled with protein. Pairing it with something more beneficial will make it a complete meal. We have a bunch of McDonald’s recipes you can try with the McDouble. Some of them are:
- McDonald’s French Fries – McDonald’s French fries are widely popular. They are must-try fires that are crispy and fresh. They are perfect with any burger, be it a quarter pounder, making it a complete meal.
- McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets – McDonald’s chicken nuggets are an instant hit when you need something juicy, crispy, and flavorful with a quarter pounder. They are so delicious you can enjoy them for the best snacking experience.
- McDonald’s Hash Browns – McDonald’s hash browns are the perfect go-to option with quarter-pounders. You can either make it at home or order from the store and make it a complete meal.
- McDonald’s Holiday Pie – McDonald’s holiday pie attracts kids the most due to its delicious look. The simple parcel of crunchy, soft, pillowy, and creamy pastry is perfect with a quarter pounder, making it a fulfilling meal.
- McDonald’s Iced Coffee – McDonald’s iced coffee is famous for its creamy texture. They pair well with any dish. This standout collection of McDonald’s is relatively easy to make.
Other Similar McDonald’s Recipes To Try
So, it was all about the McDouble. This is the recipe for the McDonald’s McDouble we can make at your home. But suppose you want to try some more McDonald’s burgers and sandwich recipes. You can choose McDonald’s McRib Sandwich, McDonald’s Big Mac Recipe, McDonald’s Quarter Pounder Recipe, McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish, and McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe.
Besides this, we’ve had a separate post about McDonald’s copycat recipes that you should check out for your following day.
McDonald’s McDouble Recipe
Looking for a fulfilling McDonald’s burgers? Well, we’re here to satisfy your cravings with our easy McDonald’s McDouble recipe! It’s a classic take on your beloved burger and comes with ingredients you already have on hand. Skip the fast-food line and make these at home anytime!
- 4 Beef Patties
- 2 Hamburger Buns
- 2 American Cheese Slices
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Pickle Slices
- 6 slices White Onion
- ¼ cup Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Start by finely chopping the onion.
Now, heat the BBQ grill and place the bun halves on it.
Once they are toasted and have a golden-colored char, remove them from the grill and keep them aside.
Then, begin with cooking the burger patty.
Salt one side of the patty and place it on the hot grill.
Place the salted side down and sprinkle some salt on the other side.
Cook each side for three to four minutes on medium heat.
Once the burger is cooked correctly, place a slice of American cheese and remove the patty from the flame.
Once the burger patty is grilled and the buns are toasted, assemble the burger.
Add one beef patty and top it with a slice of American cheese.
Then, place another beef patty and spread ketchup, layer sliced onions, and dill pickles on the top patty.
Place the top bun on the burger and close it.
Enjoy your homemade McDouble!
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 920mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 100mg
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a McDouble at McDonald’s?
The McDouble is a popular menu item at McDonald’s consisting of two beef patties, one American cheese slice, pickles, onions, ketchup, and mustard, served on a hamburger bun.
Does the McDouble contain any allergens?
The McDouble contains wheat, milk, and soy, which may come into contact with allergens like eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish during preparation. It’s always best to check with your local McDonald’s or refer to their allergen information for details and possible cross-contamination risks.
Can I customize my McDouble?
You can customize your McDouble by requesting modifications or omitting certain ingredients. However, consider that additional costs may apply for specific substitutions or additions.
Is the McDouble available all day?
The availability of the McDouble varies depending on the location and the specific policies of individual McDonald’s restaurants. Some sites may offer it all day, while others may have it available during specific meal times or as part of limited-time promotions.
McDouble is one of the most sought-after double cheeseburgers you can buy cheaply. But it is high in calories and carbs. So, try making this healthier version of McDonald’s McDouble at home. It’s easy, super delicious, and healthy compared to any other double cheeseburger.
If you liked this recipe, share your views in the comment section. We will bring you another copycat recipe from McDonald’s. Till then, Bon Appetit!